Monday, August 20, 2012

Big Kid Rooms are here!

What a difference a weekend makes!  
Friday afternoon we got a wild hair and decided that the day had come 
to finally get moving on the big kid rooms!  Within a few short hours
we had not only the guest bedroom completely cleaned out but all three
cribs dismantled and new beds moved in! 

It was a lot of work and the rest of our house is a disaster, but 
I wanted to share a glimpse of the new rooms!  
The kids are beyond proud of their "BIG" beds.

Here they all are on Maddux's new bed!


Just when I thought they were getting so big, seeing him on this queen 
sized bed reminds me of how small he still is.


I know this picture is blurry but you can still see the 
excitement on their faces as the girls entered their new room for the first time!


Nola is so excited!


Luce was ready for us to turn off the lights and go to bed!



You can see here that I pretty much have a blank slate for the decor in this room (both rooms, really).
For now we aren't going to paint but we may change our mind.  I definitely need to 
figure out a window treatment solution.  Since the beds are in front of the window
I'm limited.  I am thinking about maybe a roman shade that will add color to the room 
and can also be pulled down to block out the morning sun.  I've researched
a few tutorials online but I'm still a little intimidated.  
Any suggestions?


So, that's where we are for now!  I'm still working on getting all of the girls clothes moved from 
the room that they all shared to this room as well as trying to organize everything that's coming back in
and everything else that was moved out of this room.  

Stay tuned for progress!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how exciting!!!
    I can't wait to see what you do in there!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...