Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The coffee table dilemma

As you may know, I have THREE 3-year-olds in the house.  They are very curious and rambunctious, and, well, typical toddlers.

When I gave my living room a mini-makeover back in the summer, 
a big element for me was the perfect coffee table.
I searched and stalked Craigslist and consignment stores for weeks for a round coffee table
until I finally found this little cutie on Craigslist for $15.
It was a great deal and I actually love this little table.  


But, here's the deal.  
When you have 3 toddlers in the house with you all day, you cannot leave anything out within their reach that you don't want touched or broken.  That little photo above?  I took that while they were taking a nap.  Those flowers and books would have survived about 2.4 seconds!  

So, for months now I have lived with a naked table.  And one that the kids constantly climb and sit on.
Finally, it hit me.  This just ain't gonna work.  What I need is an ottoman!

Oh yeah.  It's not really in our budget to buy a new piece of furniture.  I forgot about that part.
But, of course, that didn't stop me from online-window shopping on Saturday morning.

Then, like magic, it happened!  
I found the deal of the century!
This adorable little ottoman had managed to survive all of the Missoni for Target craze
and was on CLEARANCE for $34.98!!!  Regular price was $99!
WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?
This is just too good to be true.
So, I ordered it.

It arrived today and here it is in it's new home!



The color was listed as "aqua" but it's really more of a baby blue.  I took that gamble knowing that it may not be the exact right color.  The colors that I've been using in the living room
 are more teal and turquoise, but I still think I can make it work.

All in all, I think it was a great deal and I'm happy with my little ottoman!  
There are still several left in different colors and designs!  Better hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...