Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine Mantle and a Birthday Surprise!!!

Hi y'all!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was such a perfect day!
I had lunch with my best girlfriend and then we did some light shopping...things that I have DREAMED
of doing since becoming a stay-at-home mom three years ago but had yet to happen!
Since the kiddos started a little preschool (MDO) last week I now have a few hours
two days a week to get a little free time.  They love it and I am enjoying it too!  
Can I get an amen up in here?!?!

Anyway, back to the story.  Other than turning another year older (ugh) 
I also completed my Valentine Mantle! 
I have always enjoyed decorating for all of the yearly holidays, but now that I have toddlers who really
pay attention to details I have had so much fun trying to make the house fun and festive for them.


I found these sweet little "I heart U" vases in the dollar aisle at Target.  Love them!



My mom made me these LOVE blocks!  They are painted wood pieces covered 
in scrapbook paper and adorned with little sparklies and ribbons!
Thanks mom!  We love it!


And!  Here is my birthday present from my hubby and the kiddos! 
 This new chair from World Market!



The black wicker chair that I had there for years was not doing the room any favors!
It was like the dark sore spot that desperately needed help.  I had 
selected a chair for the space months ago and it was backordered
and I waited and waited for months until they finally cancelled my order.
But, as the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait!
To see the "before" click here

I really think that the chair lightened up the room and added just the right amount 
of color and helped to tie in the light blue of the new ottoman.


Thanks, babe!  I LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...