Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Dining Room

Today I am sharing my dining room with you, all decked out with Christmas spirit!  I am proud to say that I didn't spend a single cent on anything in this room!  Gotta love that!!!

To the right of the dining room table is the pie safe.  There I have my beloved Willow Tree nativity that was a wedding gift to us.  Isn't that like the best wedding gift ever?  I thought it was such a unique and thoughtful gift and something that we will enjoy for many years to come.  Then I just added some left over branches from our Christmas tree to one of the vases to add some color and a delicious smell to the room.



The Christmas china was my husband's grandmother's.  She gave it to me a few years ago and I am honored to have it.  She passed away last year and we miss her so.  This is a great way to remember the fabulous woman she was.  She was the epitome of a true Southern lady. 




I kept the rest of the table very simple.  I do, after all, have three curious little ones and a bunch of fussy decorations would just turn disastrous!  The table will look a little different on Christmas day once we surround it with three highchairs, plastic plates, and sippy cups...and you know what?  I can't wait!  

1 comment:

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...