Thursday, December 8, 2011

DIY Buffet Update!

Hey everyone!!!  I've been MIA lately, but I wanted to give you a quick update regarding my DIY buffet!  If you'll remember, here is how she looked before:


And here she is now!  Isn't she beautiful?!?!  I'm so so so in lurve with her!  My stepdad was so awesome and helped me give her an extreme makeover.  He stripped, sanded and primed her and one day I loaded up the trio and we headed to my mom's house for the day to paint.  I decided on Martha Stewart Plumage and I couldn't be happier.  Pay no attention to the baby gate in the background.  And cords?  What cords?  



And I also did another DIY project!  My very own little message board!  With the help of my mom (I'm NOT one to attempt any DIY project on my own!) we pretty much copied Carmel's tutorial from "Our Fifth House" exactly.  You can find it here.  It was super easy and I love how it turned out!  



You can also see some of my Christmas decor in these pics.  For the first time ever I veered away from very traditional decor and decided to use the same color scheme that's in the living room which is teal and green.  There are so many cute decorations in the same colors so I thought, why not?!?  It's been fun to mix it up a little!  I'll show you the rest later!  

So, what do you think!?!?!  Did this buffet turn into a swan or what?!?!

***Update***
To see how the buffet looks now, click here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linked to:


12 comments:

  1. Love it! Great job! Are you on pinterest? You should "pin" your makeover job or your message board. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOOVE the buffet! You know I die for plummage! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! that is STUNNING!!! i love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I am definitely heading out to get that paint chip. I need to use it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous color! I have been so happy with it! Whenever someone comes to my house that is always the first thing that people oohh and ahh over! It has really been a hit and I highly recommend that color! Thanks to Cassie for the inspiration! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. WOW! Your knocked this out of the ballpark. I love it. Such a great color. And your message board is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jennifer -- I'm featuring this today on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful piece and lovely color. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! visting from Hi Sugarplum! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...