Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best No-Bake Chex Mix recipe...EVER!

My mom has been making this Chex Mix for years now.  It is so YUM, I can't even tell you!!!!  So, I thought I would share the recipe with you!  She calls it "Trash Mix" because it makes such a huge batch that you mix it all up in a trash bag.  You could also use those super large ziploc bags as well.

Here's what you need:
One box Corn Chex
One box Rice Chex
One box Wheat Chex
One bag Bugles (they are my favorite part so I use more!)
One box Honey Nut Cheerios
2 Large bags Pretzel Sticks
2 cups (or more) Pecan Halves (the golden ingredient!)
6 packs dry Ranch Dressing Mix (or just do like I did and buy a whole canister of it)
1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1-2 teaspoons garlic salt

Now, here's the "glue" 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
(Don't worry, you won't even know it's there, the finished product is NOT oily at all!!!)



Directions:
Pour all cereals, Bugles, Pretzels, and pecans into a large trash bag.  Add a little bit of the seasonings to the bag and gently turn bag over and over to mix up the seasonings but be careful to not break any of the munchies.  The bag can get heavy so I like to make this while sitting on the couch with the bag in the floor in front of me while watching some bad reality TV show...my guilty pleasure.  Keep repeating the process - add seasonings and gently toss/turn the bag till all seasonings are used.  Then, drizzle the oil a little at a time, again turning and tossing the bag to coat everything evenly.  
That's it!  



I gifted this famous Chex-Mix to my former boss and co-workers yesterday and I was in such a hurry that I didn't take any pictures of how I presented it to them, but for some I used cute Christmas plastic containers that I purchased at Wal-Mart and for others I simply put in holiday themed ziploc bags and then put them inside gift bags tied with ribbon.  Trust me, they looked cute!  Okay, not gonna lie, it was nothing spectacular, but it's what's inside that counts!  

Seriously, y'all, this Chex Mix is off da chain good!  I love that it's so easy to make and share with others.  I like mine a little strong and edgy so I am heavy handed with the Cayenne pepper, so much so that with this particular batch I had to add another box of chex to calm it down a bit!  Oh, and this stuff WILL make your breath stank.  Consider yourself warned!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...