Thursday, August 4, 2011

Desk Area Madness!

Okay, I confess. I'm not organized. As much as I WISH I was and as much as I love organizational supplies and gadgets and thoughts of being organized, I myself, have problems with staying organized. Of course, part of the problem is that I am not the only one who lives here. There is always someone else's "stuff" that gets thrown down somewhere and over time it piles up and accumulates and I'm never quite sure what to do with it all so I just turn a blind eye and pretend that it's not there. But, yesterday, while sitting at the computer and looking around in disgust I decided that something had to be done.

First of all, let's take a look at our, um, "office"? As you can imagine, three toddlers are very curious and unite together to get into mischief. They love to explore, especially if they know it is something that they are not supposed to be getting into. Our computer and desk are located in a corner of the bonus room which is also the playroom. On and around the desk there are cords, modems, papers, pens, paperclips and a plethora of other assorted items and choking hazards that are simply too dangerous for my curious toddlers. My walls have not been scribbled on yet, and I'm trying to prolong that as long as possible by keeping all of these supplies out of reach. How do I do that you ask? Let me introduce you to the lovely safety gate. Yup, she's a beaut, ain't she?


Now, let's take a closer look and the reason for my can't-take-it-any-longer moment...YIKES! (I'm embarrassed to even post these pics! Can you believe that a civilized person such as myself can live like this??)

Wait! It gets worse! Look at the pile of remotes, trash, smut magazines, postal boxes, and who knows what else. Seriously, you may see me on a future episode of Hoarders.

I had a plan. I remembered that I had a plastic set of drawers that I was not using that was stored away. It's not pretty but anything is better than the alternative so I brought it upstairs. I sorted through everything....all of the papers, books, planners, random toys and puzzle pieces. I had several piles: keep, trash, move to another room, and toys/puzzles. I put all of the basic office supplies in the top drawer and then I designated one drawer for me and one for my husband. I was pleasantly surprised that it only took me about thirty minutes to get it looking like this:

Much better, eh? I have big plans for this room someday, but right now it is what it is: a junk room, er, I mean a playroom. For now, I must give this room to the kiddos and be happy that I am making the rest of the house look a little better. At least I can breathe a little better with a nice clean, organized desk free of clutter! I'll take what I can get!!!

1 comment:

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...