Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Buffet DIY Project!!!!

I am so super excited about tackling my first ever DIY project! My mom is super crafty and talented when it comes to all things DIY, but I unfortunately did not inherit that gene. However, I think I'm ready to give it a go! I've always loved painted furniture but my husband does not believe that ANY wood piece should be painted. Even still, I was drooling over images on Pinterest and fell in love with some of the funky colored pieces of furniture that I found. Here is an example of one of my favorites. Ahhhhh, love at first site....


So, my mind started racing. I just HAVE to have a fun funky colored piece of furniture in my house. What if I had a piece of furniture that was super cheap or old and had no sentimental value...then my hubby wouldn't mind if it were painted? Maybe I'll check around at some yard sales or on Craigslist and see what I can find. THEN I remembered this little gem that my mom has had in her garage for several years just begging for a new lease on life. My uncle found it abandoned along the side of the road. He painted it white but apparently didn't sand it or prime it properly (again, I'm a clueless DIYer!) and the paint is peeling off. Every time I've visited her though I've seen it sitting in her garage and I always think that it could be cute. I shot her a quick email casually asking about the said piece. She became curious as to why I was asking about it and so I told her my idea and she said that of course I could HAVE it! Here she is:



What do you think??!?! Do you see the beauty too?!?! Am I totally nuts?? Haaa! Can't you just see it in a fun color and shiny new knobs?? I actually can't wait to get started. Of course, my mom and stepdad are going to help me with this first DIY project or I may end up with peeling paint too, but I'm so pumped and can't wait to see how it turns out. I already have the perfect spot picked out for it in my living room. I'm definitely digging the funky green color of the chest of drawers above. What do you think? Too much? Or just go for it??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...