Friday, August 5, 2011

Fashion Friday!

When it comes to fashion, I often struggle with my identity. I love so many different styles and trends that sometimes I'm not sure what my true fashion identity is. I admire people who have "a look" that is their own, like Nicole Richie for example. She will always be boho chic. Or Jennifer Aniston who always looks amazingly classic. I get inspired by trends, old and new, and more often than not, what I wear ends up being my mood for that day or where I'm going. But, there is one style that I have always been inspired by and that is classic Audrey Hepburn. She was beyond beautiful and whenever I have the opportunity I love to snuggle up under a blanket and watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. I'm not kidding you when I say that my heart skips a beat when I see some of her clothes in that movie. Anyone could put on any of those outfits today and look instantly pulled together and timeless. I would like to think that if I had an endless wardrobe budget, I would buy nothing but classic sheaths and full skirts and crisp tailored white button-up blouses. And perhaps I would. But, I'd save a few bucks for some bellbottom jeans! I just get too bored to commit to ONE style!

Here is my outfit today, a la' Audrey Hepburn. It's still crazy hot here so a tank is a must, skinny jeans rolled up just over the ankles and black flats.

Striped tank: Macy's (on clearance for $4!)
Skinny jeans: Aeropostale
Shoes: Tory Burch
Jewelry: Stella & Dot



Of course, to complete this look, the ultimate accessory is red lips. Here are some of my favorite reds:

Nars, Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
Nars, Lip Lacquer in Diablo
Mac, Lipstick in Powerhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...