Monday, August 22, 2011

Just My Luck!

I'm really bad about saving up things for a special occasion or deeming something too special or too nice for everyday use. But, I try to remind myself that not using something that you have is really pointless and that you should enjoy your things. Case in point, this Tiffany vase that was a wedding gift 9 years ago. I've NEVER used it. It stayed in the box for a couple of years and then I finally got it out and had it sitting out in our guest bedroom. My sweet mom surprised me with some fresh flowers yesterday (thanks mom! I love em!) so I thought, hey I'm going to go get that Tiffany vase and use it! It has never even seen the likes of a drop of water so I was excited to finally use it!

But, guess what? While filling it up with water (for the FIRST TIME EVER, mind you) I hit it on the side of the kitchen sink and dinged up the bottom. REALLY? Seriously, that is the kind of luck I have.
Oh well. Unfortunately, the piece that chipped off was in four pieces so there is no hope of repair. At least the floral design is on both sides of the vase and I can turn it around and no one will ever notice. But, REALLY?? But, if that is the worst thing that happens to me, life is pretty good! Happy Monday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...